We have a mix of rolling and steep country and the soil is loess overlaying limestone, which provides our horses with excellent agility and bone.
There are two small blocks covenanted under by the QEII National Trust on the property.
We breed Morgan Horses. Our herd includes a Breeding Stallion –
- Okereru AJ Hackett (Chalk Mtn Nimble Spite x Armagh Joanna)
Four Morgan Mares –
- Armagh Joanna (Quietude Goldrush x Mt Tawonga Georgina) AMHA: 0152448
- Twinhill Scarlet (Karenza Kingpin x Venturous Melanie) AMHA: 0164425
- Tui’s Madeline (Tredway Aristocrat x Tui's Oklahoma Song) AMHA: 0177721
- Okereru Fire’s Theme (Tui's Theme Song x Myross Morgans Jessie) AMHA: 0172328
And in the past 2 Part Morgan Mares
- · Tui’s Summer Secret (JMF Royal Secret x Mell's Pride) MHANZ: A1/001/87
- · Secret Moon (JMF Royal Secret x Silhouette) MHANZ: 1/018/91
The Horses are of Government, Working Western and Lippitt Breeding lines.
We have a small herd of Red Devon Cattle which we are developing to rotationally graze with the horses.
Using “Google Maps” you can find us here: Morgan Horses @ Okereru about 6.5 Km.s off State Highway 5 between Taupo and Napier in Hawke’s Bay New Zealand